BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   A curiosity in the rear Brake Empty A curiosity in the rear Brake Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:03 am

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
Ok, re-assembling the K75S (Orange) and I found an "oddity" in the rear brake system. Going by the manual and MAXBMW website there is what appears to be a return spring in this diagram item #9 or BMW  35 21 1 457 049, Tension Spring (diagram from MAXBMW). 
A curiosity in the rear Brake K75_re10

Now on the bike I'm reassembling there is a somewhat similar spring. But no where near as beefy. And haven't been able to locate where it connect other than part 8, and I don't know what  #10 in this png is. So I went to my other two K75's and they don't have that spring at all, nada. So is it no longer used, or have my other two K75's never had one or don't need it? Inquiring minds and all. That and getting the whole right plate with all its parts/pieces has been taking a while.

2Back to top Go down   A curiosity in the rear Brake Empty Re: A curiosity in the rear Brake Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:13 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
A curiosity in the rear Brake Spring10

3Back to top Go down   A curiosity in the rear Brake Empty Re: A curiosity in the rear Brake Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:19 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
That spring helps move the brake pedal back to the 'at rest' position to prevent its weight from applying pressure to the hydraulic system. If its missing from your two K75s, I'd be looking for a couple of replacements pretty smartly.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

4Back to top Go down   A curiosity in the rear Brake Empty Re: A curiosity in the rear Brake Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:56 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
That brake pedal return spring is not as beefy as the side and center stand return springs. It has a much easier job.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down   A curiosity in the rear Brake Empty Re: A curiosity in the rear Brake Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:24 pm

jjefferies

jjefferies
Life time member
Life time member
Beautiful, Thanks I had noted the third groove and wondered about it. Agreed the spring should be replaced. Just strange it's never been an issue. I'm still learning about these bikes.
J
just a PS, does it make any difference at all which order the springs are such as: center stand: rear brake: center stand or something else?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum