BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My K100 LT Empty My K100 LT Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Maggot4life

Maggot4life
Hi ive just joined and thought i would add my K to collection and say hello Smile the scratches you see on the bike where caused by the previous owner who brought it only to discover that it was to big for him. The screen was broken and there lots of scratches caused by little legs! so after only 1 month of ownership i snapped it up of Ebay and replaced the screen still trying to work out the most cost effective way to deal with the scratches Smile

This is my second Bmw my first being a R850R which i loved but it made me want to try a K to so for my next bike i have Smile

My K100 LT K100_010

My K100 LT K100_011

My K100 LT K100_012

My K100 LT K100_013

2Back to top Go down   My K100 LT Empty Re: My K100 LT Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
VERY nice! Well spotted and remember the mantra when acquiring any new bike (or car for that matter) Fluids & Filters.

Replace all fluids (except the battery electrolyte) and all filters using genuine filters and the recommended lubricants and antifreeze.

That way you know that you have a perfect base line to work from as far as quality of all the above and the functioning of the bike.

Ignore any statement about having just had it serviced by the previous owner or indeed by any garage or workshop.

Do the work yourself or physically supervise it being done using the right stuff.

Then go through every electrical connection on the bike with the full DeoxIT contact cleaning treatment to return them to "as new" condition.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   My K100 LT Empty Re: My K100 LT Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Very nice bike in perfect original condition. Even the paint is original which is a problem to do touch up. The red had been a problem for BMW as it turned orange after a couple of years.
Believe it or not, this bike was originally the same color as yours but has a very high mileage. The bike has been repainted since the picture has been taken, .

My K100 LT 01250010

4Back to top Go down   My K100 LT Empty Re: My K100 LT Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:08 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice bike .....good luck with the paint ...pity about the scratches ...but i guess thats why we find bargains like this .....gives us something to do to make it our own ......

have fun

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   My K100 LT Empty Re: My K100 LT Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool
Hi,
Nice bike she looks clean and its a nice colour, I had a few scratches on mine [stratos grey] I managed to get a touch up kit from a paint supplier via e-bay quoting the BMW paint code and colour it was a two part kit paint and laquer.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum