BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Product report - Motad silencer Empty Product report - Motad silencer Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
I have just installed my new Motad silencer and can provide the following summary for anyone intending to buy an aftermarket silencer -
Polished stainless finish is excellent and fit-up was very good. I recommend thorough cleaning of the header pipes with 360 grit emery tape and CRC. The header pipe ends will be a very snug fit into the silencer and no clamps are required, only the addition of some hi temp manifold sealant.
No rubber buffer is provided for the centre stand, only 1 bump stop for the side stand. The original BMW dual bump stop has not been engineered into their design. I improvised with an industrial bump stop for the centre stand.
Exhaust note is slightly raspy without being offensive, and it doesn't come in till approximately 4000 rpm (100 kph), so by then the sound is being left behind.
A bonus is that it weighs 4.5 kg less than the original BMW unit. All I need to discover now is how durable/reliable the unit is, but at this stage I would definitely recommend the Motad product.

2Back to top Go down   Product report - Motad silencer Empty Re: Product report - Motad silencer Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:24 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Dennis thanks for the report! Could you post of pic if you've got one?

OG

3Back to top Go down   Product report - Motad silencer Empty Re: Product report - Motad silencer Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 am

Here's a business end view of mine after a year and a half! I like the round look. It has also turned a loverly brassy colour with time and heat. I agree that it's slightly, but only, raspy, compared to the stock exhaust and is a quite pleasing sound. I reckon it has sufficient baffling to not lose the bottom end power but once you're giving it some cane it opens up nicely and pulls strongly to redline, no worries. Also, it's got an official but subtle stamping in it that certifies it for stock replacement in case your local constabulary forces are inspecting such things...
Product report - Motad silencer Motad_11

Product report - Motad silencer Dscf2114

Here it is as new.
Product report - Motad silencer Motad_12

4Back to top Go down   Product report - Motad silencer Empty Re: Product report - Motad silencer Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Bike looks fantastic TWB and thanks for the review on the exhaust! Cool

OG

5Back to top Go down   Product report - Motad silencer Empty Re: Product report - Motad silencer Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good one dennis ...nice pics twb ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
I have trouble uploading pics onto the website, unsure why, but they just seem to hang there on the hosting thingy. Any clues ?

7Back to top Go down   Product report - Motad silencer Empty Re: Product report - Motad silencer Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 am

Click on 'host an image', in the 'upload an image' box, browse your
computer (or use an IRL) for the image you desire, resize it if you
wish, click 'host it', in a moment when it has successfully uploaded
highlight the centre of the three information bars and click 'copy', now click the
'image' box simply to get the information out of your way on your screen,
highlight the area you wish to paste the picture on your post and click 'paste'.
Click 'preview' to edit if necessary, the 'image' box will disappear, then click send.
Voila! Too easy.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum